xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

Net Llama! netllama at linux-sxs.org
Mon Sep 29 15:12:49 CEST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Biju Chacko wrote:
> >   Sigh. Too many folks in the (ahem!) "high-tech" industry forget that while
> > all progress involves change, not all change is progress.
>
> Fer chrissake, try it out before making the snarky comments! It's rather
> disheartening to have over a year and a half worth of work so casually
> dismissed, especially by people like you, Rich, whom we counted as our strongest
> supporters. :-(

These complaints are not late breaking news.  I personally complained
about a lot of these things months ago, and was blown off.  Check the list
archives if you don't believe me.

> Things have changed, yes, but you *should* be able to configure a desktop pretty
> much the same as you used to have, except for minor changes and major
> improvements.

What you term "minor changes" aren't minor for those who preferred doing
them the XFCE3 way.  Blowing this off yet again isn't winning your
argument.  I still can't understand why some of this stuff was changed,
other than by the whim of the developers.

Lonni J Friedman				netllama at linux-sxs.org
Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo		     http://netllama.ipfox.com