xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Mon Sep 29 10:48:25 CEST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:34:35 +0200, Bob Marcan wrote:

> Different background color for workspaces?

Not possible for now. We may do it in a later release.

> # Default icons for most common apps ?

This feature is incompatible with freedesktop.org standards. We will not be
adding it. According to the standards, individuall apps have to set their own
icon. If they do not, please file a bug report with the specific application.

> I like to define my own menu.

Edit .xfce4/menu.xml. If you do not have one copy it from /etc/xfce4/menu.xml.

hth,

-- b