xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sun Sep 28 17:31:37 CEST 2003

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I've been using xfce for many years now (I can't remember just how many or
> with which version I started). The dropping of features (or change, if you
> prefer) is my only complaint.

I agree.  In XFCE-3, I had bound keys to operations like RaiseLower,
Maximize, etc.  XFCE-4 has no way to bind a key to RaiseLower (at least,
none that I can see.), so I'm sticking with XFCE-3 for now.

And I really really *really* dislike the taskbar.  I liked the old
CDE way of turning closed windows into icons.  That's another reason
I'm sticking with XFCE-3 for now.

--
David.