[subscriptions] Re: Ok, I know this was touched on before..

Tim D. Lane tim at tdlane.com
Tue Sep 23 18:50:53 CEST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 1:58, hugh d fegely wrote:

>But an icon there that represented the program better than three little
>boxes could do a whole lot more without making the user move the mouse
away >from what he is doing to figure out which application is which on
that icon >box.

I agree it would make the program easier to identify at a quick glance.
OTOH, I rarely look at the iconbox, or taskbar, or whatever, unless I am
about to switch to another running program, so my mouse is already
hurtling toward the iconbox (etc.) as I take a peak.  I don't mean to
invalidate your preferences; whatever works best for you is what you
should have and use.  While the request you have may be contrary to the
design spec for xfce (small and fast), it is an excellent suggestion for
an independent optional toolbar, for those who share your preferences.

Tim D. Lane