XFce4rc4 for Mandrake 9.1

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbenterprises.com
Thu Sep 18 21:50:21 CEST 2003

On 18 Sep 2003 12:59:32 -0400
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> graced me with:

> On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 11:50, Paul M. Bucalo wrote:
>
> > I also have Evo 1.4 on, though I stopped using it due to unresolved
> > syncing problems between my USB Visor and it. :0( I'm now using
> > Sylpheed-0.8.11claws. Isn't that a Gtk+2 app, as well?
>
> 	You might try jpilot for your Visor.  I have found that it's a
> 	bit
> better at the whole sync-to-desktop thing than any of the others.  OC,
> YMMV.

That's what I ended up doing. Sylpheed will at least open the JPilot
address book in read-only mode, which allows me copy-n-paste the entries
directly into a Sylpheed address book. JPilot is no worse than the
Handspring Pilot software I had available under Windows. I'm holding out
to see what the new KDE PIM is going to be like before I consider moving
to anything else (email client, PIM or sync conduit.)

But....to stay on-topic...

Everything works really cool under XFce!! :0)

Thanks for the recommendation, Joe.

Paul