Using kdm and xfce4

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu Sep 18 17:03:50 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 05:59, rajkumars at asianetindia.com wrote:

> Is it possible to launch xfce4 from KDM? I want to select XFce4 as one
> of the wm while logging in from KDM. I am using Debian (actually hd
> installed Knoppix) and XFce4 RC2 release.

	You can do it but you have to hack at the kdm config files manually.  I
went through and did it for xfce3 a couple of years ago but I don't
remember exactly what I did.  You should be able to read through the
/etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc (or wherever it's located in Knoppix) and find the
settings for Session & SessionTypes.  This should get you started.

--
Joe "Kuramarujo" Klemmer
Hoping to make Ozeki someday.