xfce4 rc3 + icons + idesk

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Mon Sep 15 01:27:32 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 09:01, HaywireMac wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:41:51 -0300
> "Gonzalo M. Rios" <gonzalomr at firemail.de> uttered:
>
> > hello:
> >   I want to know as I can add icons to my desktop.
> > I am using xfce4 rc3 on mandrake 9.1. I was trying to make walk idesk,
> >
> > but it does not work, exists some impediment?
>
> what happens when you run the command "idesk" from a terminal?
>
> if you get a "segfault", it may just mean you are using icons that
> cannot be loaded by idesk.

Sorry to  jump into the thread half-way, but has anyone tried using ROX
as the desktop yet been able to access the XFCE4 "right-click" to get a
menu on the desktop? Just curious - I gave up trying a few months back
and ain't really heard anything since nor tried anything since...don't
really use the icons on a desktop very much - but do have a few servers
that I work on that other people use and that would be a nice thing to
have to replace, say, Guh-Nome...eh?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company