Icons on a dev screenshoot...

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 12 21:02:11 CEST 2003

Le vendredi 12 septembre 2003 à 13:05, Philip Dean a écrit:

> hello all,
>
> I was looking through the developers screenshots and noticed the one contributed by Karsten Luetkewitz that uses the Umicons from deviantart.com.  I really liked the icons so I when and downloaded them.  The only problem is I don't know what to do with them.  Selecting them for the icon on the pannel doesn't display them correctly and Gimp doesn't see them as a valid file.  How do I use these icons?

Hi,

Because of a licence question, there is no package of the nice Umicons
set available. You have to create it.

You need to convert the .ico images to .png first.

I personally use icotool from icoutils package (Debian).
cd in the directory that contains the images and type :
$icotool -x ./*.ico

Then you can :
1/ chose each icon one by one, for each panel launcher :(
or
2/ create an Umicons directory in /usr/local/share/xfce4/themes/, add
png icons from the Umicons set (48x48 is the right size) inside it
and rename the icons following the model of the other themes.
Check that you have the permission to read all the files as a user.

You can now select the new theme from the panel settings dialog.

Regards
François
--
F. Le Clainche - PGP key: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/pgp.html