Can't Start xfwm4

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Sep 10 22:33:16 CEST 2003

Hey John,

Op wo 10-09-2003, om 22:22 schreef John Lowell:
> One more question, however. When I startup mozilla 1.4 from this stand-alone
> xfwm4 situation, it renders the mozilla interface entirely differently than
> it does with the full xfce4 is installed. The fonts on the toolbars and
> menus are much, much smaller and the font rendering not as good as with the
> complete installation. I experience the same situation with fluxbox. Why is
> it that the full installation of packages offers an improvement. Is this a
> function of adding the panel package?
>
> Truthfully, this difference was why I raised the question in the first
> place. It is precisely this difference that caused me to see if I might
> retain the better rendering of mozilla if I used xfwm4 instead of fluxbox.
> But I'm getting the impression that something inherent in the full boat of
> packages accounts is responsible and not xfwm4 alone.

Lol, why didn't you say so in the first place?

Mozilla, when compiled with gtk2 support, which I assume it is, will
follow your gtk theme. XFce4 sets the gtk theme and the font.

The gtk settings are provided by the xfce-mcs-plugins package (and the
xfce-settings-manager).

You can use any other means to set your gtk2 theme to get the same
effect, like gnome-control-center or editing ~/.gtkrc-2.0 by hand.

	Jasper