Can't Start xfwm4

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Sep 9 20:58:47 CEST 2003

Op di 09-09-2003, om 20:38 schreef John Lowell:
> Joe, Olivier, Jasper, and Biju,

No need to CC us, we're all on the list.

They are all separate programs, so you can start them separately from
.xinitrc. I suggest you do the following. Put this in your .xinitrc:

xfce-mcs-manager
xfwm4 --daemon
xfce4-iconbox &
xfdesktop

Then, before starting x, cp /etc/xfce4/menu.xml ~/.xfce4/menu.xml , and
in that file uncomment the 'quit' option (near the end); it is xml so
comments are between <!-- and --> .

Then run startx and you will have a window desktop mouse menu to start
programs from and that let's you logout of X.

If you install the xfce-utils package you will get a run dialog as well,
which is not available otherwise.

	Jasper