Remarks on Xfce4

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Tue Sep 9 16:26:40 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 23:42, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> 	In the realm of strange coincidences...
>
> 	Yesterday at work there were some external contractors visiting
> for something or other (probably trying to sell us something).  One of the
> guys was from Salt Lake City UT.  We got talking and it turned out he is a
> good friend of Darl McBride.  He was telling me about when they worked at
> Novel and some place else I can't remember.  This guy said that Darl was a
> great guy outside of work but was an absolute company killer as a manager.
> McBride has no technical knowledge or understanding and is only good at
> suing people and draining funds from the companies he works for.
>
> 	If this guy comes back I'll see if I can get a "real" interview
> with him.

But this was stated years ago when McBride bowed out of the Novell
stuff...I'd assume that nothing changes over the course of years. He's a
vampire - 'nuff said. It's just sad that he's got to shake up the world
in the manner he is; but truth be told, I reckon that overall, in
between the massive crap that's hit Microsoft as of late and the SCO
stuff going down, the GNU/linux/OSS arena is fastly filling up with
those that would have otherwise never even WANTED to try linux out on
their desktop - let alone server...so for all the FUD, they're
generating not only a stronger OSS/GNU/linux community, they're drawing
people to it...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company