Remarks on Xfce4

Robert Serphillips rserphillips at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 7 07:47:03 CEST 2003

I'll have to give that I try. I also seem to remember a few other
little things that didn't work. I never could figure out how to change
the ui colors. In the current Setup box there are options to change
the colors for the pointer, window border, and such. To get the same
effect in 4 I had to manually edit my gtkrc/gtkrc-2.0 file, which is a
pain because the colors settings are in hex. Also the motif window
controls have changed a bit. The close "X" on the top right was
missing.

Anyway it's the little details that made 3 such a usable and refined
window manager that are missing. As stated earlier the project is
still VERY early in the development so I don't expect everything to be
there yet.

That said, I do think 4 is progressing very nicely. 3 is the best wm
out and it's only a matter of time until 4 fills that space.

-Rob