starting apps sticky in XFce4

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Fri Oct 31 08:35:31 CET 2003

Hello People,

I have recently upgraded my system to MDK 9.1 and took that oppertunity to
upgrade XFce to v4, downloaded the rpm's from Todd and I must say: great job
everybody! Looking great, feeling good!
Few questions since I''m not a manual reader and couldn't figure it out in the
past few hours:

1. I use gkrellm with the invisible-theme, so I can't push the sticky button,
but I want it sticky and invisible every time I start XFce. In XFce3 I just set
it up the way I wanted it, closed down XFce and the next time, all apps open
when I shut down, started as I left them.
Now I have created a startscript in ~/Desktop/Autostart but the thing is not
sticky. Can use -wm of course and push the sticky button every session, but how
to automate that without having to use the wm-borders?
2. How would I go about if I do not want to use the taskbar? Can't disable it
in the settings. I just use "startxfce4" to start XFce4, but no line here that
I can just comment out. have looked at the files in ~/.xfce4 but could not
figure it out, can''t be that hard though.

I'll be wrestling with the other stuff today, so might come back with some more
questions....

Thanx a lot!

Remco