the file manager

edscott wilson garcia edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Oct 16 07:00:46 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 12:45, brett holcomb wrote:
> Don't get me wrong.  Xfce is the best of window managers
> I've used and it's great - light, easy to use.  However,
> going from 3 to 4 there are changes in many areas that
> break the way we're used to doing things.  Some are for
> the better, some not so good.  If it's too bad I'll find a
> substitute such as Rox for xffm.

Rox and xffm are two different things. Rox is *not* tree oriented. Xffm
is *not* an icon view. Most people like like icon views. Some people
have too many files for icon views to be practical. Maybe some day
Thomas Leonard will join the xfce team and provide an icon view fm for
the xfce environment to compliment xffm. Or maybe somebody else will
start contributing time and code... You never know...