the file manager

Amarpreet Rattan arattan at math.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 15 19:41:21 CEST 2003

I never used the xfce so I don't know what it was like.  I REALLY like
xfce4.  I was using fluxbox before this and gnome before that.  As I said,
I left gnome because it was too slow.  I heard about fluxbox and tried it
and liked it.  It is faster than xfce, but very minimalist.  I find the
xfce is a nice compromise;  it is almost as fast as fluxbox et al. but it
has a lot of functionality.

Anyways, the problem with xffm isn't a huge concern, I don't often use a
gui to manage files.  But when I do it, I want it to work.  I do like xffm
for its speed though.  You can hear nautilus thundering slowly through
your desktop :)

My impression is that these features isn't very complicated and if it is
not already in xffm, it could be put there.

amps