XFCE4 at last: queries

Philip Webb purslow at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 11 01:57:34 CEST 2003

031010 Linksocc (Adrian) wrote:
> Biju Chacko wrote:
>> Philip Webb wrote:
>>> i plan to try session management once things settle down in the new box;
>>> Gentoo marks XFCE 4 as 'unstable', but XFCE4-session as 'fails'
>> xfce4-session is still in CVS
>> and probably needs some optimization and stabilization.
> I installed everything in Gentoo incl session manager & it works perfectly.
> try emerging it with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge xfce4-session

i'm on my Mandrake box at the moment,
but IIRC Gentoo marks  xfce4-session  as  "-x86" , ie bleeding-edge.
i have  ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"  (ie cutting-edge) in  make.conf ,
but not  "-x86" , which seems too risky in general.
as i said, it mb that the version of session manager Gentoo has on mirror
is not as upto-date as the one in XFCE's own CVS/mirrors.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca