session manager + ???

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Fri Oct 10 16:58:33 CEST 2003

> Thanks for the info, but if saving the session is required, it won't
> work for
> me.  Also, how do I get to the session manager's systray menu?

Activate either the systray plugin for the panel or cross 'Activate
systray' at the taskbar setup. You should be getting the systray
plugin's systray icon showing up then.

> I detailed my problems with session manager in an earlier post.
> Always if MozillaFirebird is active and sometimes with other
> windows/desktops active, if I
> save sessions at exit, on the next start of session manager, session
> manager dies after restarting some sessions.  The only way to continue
> is to wipe out
> ~/.xfce4/sessions.  I tried eliminating the stanza for the
> MozillaFirebird, but that had no effect.  The basic problem with
> MozillaFirebird is that the session manager attempts to restart an MB
> executable that is not designed to be
> the initial executable and cannot possibly work.

I'm curious, do you run smproxy? That might solve your issue. Besides
that, I'm running the session manager INCLUDING Firebird and other
critical stuff without the slightest error (well, it doesn't start up at
the last desktop is was used at but thats rather a Firebird related
issue).

> <rant>
> It's such a PITA responding to this group, since the webmaster blocks
> my normal IP address.  I have to use a #@!% M$ account to communicate.
>
> Fortunately, other groups are not this persnickity!
> </rant>

Oh please .. why do you think you email's on the antispam lists the
admin of this mailinglist is using? Apart from that you might want to
write a mail to him.

Bye,

--
Moritz Heiber