XFCE4 at last: queries

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Thu Oct 9 15:34:42 CEST 2003

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:09:54 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:

> however, i have a few problems:
> (1) how do i get the workspace buttons
> to show the names i have assigned them? they do in XFCE 3 :
> yes, i did goto the settings manager & write in the names,
> but they don't appear on the buttons on the panel (nor do the numbers);

Hmmm ... thats a bug. It works for me.

> (2) how can i get a larger font in XFterm ?  it's too tiny ;

xfterm4 is just a wrapper script. Set $TERMCMD to something helpful.

> (3) Mutt is not using the right colors (they're ok in XFCE 3 ):
> is it something i have to set for XFterm ?

perhaps the wrong term is running.

> (4) how can i change the rather silly choice of desktop mouse-buttons
> -- middle-click gets a workspace list & right-click a menu of commands,
> while L-click does nothing -- : surely, one sb able to choose what does what;

oops. can't be changed just yet. Maybe in the next release.

> (5) a puzzle AD FIN : a screensaver started up while i was absent,
> but it wasn't one of those set by  .xscreensaver : does XFCE 4 have its own ?
> i want to have a full serving of Xscreensaver via my well-tuned config file.

No XFce doesn't have a screensaver module. No clue what is happening here.

> and a simple feature request, surely easy to implement:
> can we get to set different colors for each workspace background ?
> esp i want to make the background fire-red/yellow for my root terminal,
> but also it wb much pleasanter to have varied colors for instant recognition.
> i do like the mouse on the lined background, but not all the same color.

On Jazman's TODO, I believe.

HTH,

-- b