What do you think about a forum?

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 09:37:28 CEST 2003

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 07:41:00AM -0700, Zachary Roth wrote:
> Forums are the only way to go. You have a couple of options too but
> phpBB2 is the best all around. Quick and easy setup on *nix or Wintel
> hosted boxes. There are my two cents anyways :)
>
> I see it now. No sub-domain, just xfce.org/forums :)

Well I for one will not subscribe to web forums.  I already have two
simple and effective means of discussing things, mailing lists and
Usenet newsgroups.  For both of these I can choose my preferred
software and my means of getting at them.  With a web forum I have to
re-learn everything and I have yet to come across a forum that's as
easy to use as a good newsreader.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)