Watching...

Lane P. Lester llester at simpub.com
Wed Oct 1 21:52:07 CEST 2003

zyglotron1972 <zyglotron at nerim.net> wrote:
> For SID/unstable users, they are now in this branch (updated last
> night).
>
> @+
>
> Chris

I'm not sure what the above means, but I tried the recommended:
> deb http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/xfce4/4.0.0/ ./

...and got this after updating:
LC2:~# apt-get install xfce4
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  xfce4: Depends: xfce4-mcs-plugins but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

So I tried
LC2:~# apt-get install xfce4-mcs-plugins
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libxfce4mcs-client-1 libxfce4mcs-manager-1 libxfce4util-1
libxfcegui4-1  xfce4-mcs-manager xfwm4
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  xfwm4-themes
  libxfce4mcs-client-1 libxfce4mcs-manager-1 libxfce4util-1
libxfcegui4-1  xfce4-mcs-manager xfce4-mcs-plugins
1 packages upgraded, 6 newly installed, 1 to remove and 539 not
upgraded. Need to get 1718kB of archives.
After unpacking 7336kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

That looked good to me, but I got a flock of errors, which were mostly
like this one:
Selecting previously deselected package libxfce4util-1.
(Reading database ... 105184 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libxfce4util-1 (from
.../libxfce4util-1_4.0.0.final-1_i386.deb) ... dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libxfce4util-1_4.0.0.final-1_i386.deb
(--unpack): trying to overwrite `/usr/share/xfce4/i18n/nls.alias', which
is also in package libxfce4util

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
**Running Linux more and Windows less**