Edge window snapping.

David O'Shaughnessy doshaugh at student.ecu.edu.au
Wed Oct 1 10:09:50 CEST 2003

On 30 Sep 2003 16:00:52 -0500
Brandon Wittenburg <brandon at futura.net> wrote:

> Is it possible for future versions of xfwm to know about workspace
> margins when doing window snapping? Right now I appears that if I have a
> workspace margin leaving 5 pixels at the bottom so the hidden panel does
> not get covered, if I move a window to the bottom of the screen it wants
> to snap to the edge of the screen rather than the edge of the workspace
> margin.
>
> Of course, the issue to me is not extremely important, but if it could
> be relatively easy to do it should be considered. It would help organize
> many windows that are arranged in a single workspace. I have this often
> while doing work on all of the servers I manage.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brandon Wittenburg

I think this would be a good feature... I leave a workspace margin of 1 pixel on the right so I can flick my mouse over and use the wheel to scroll between desktops (I have all windows maximised), but windows snap to the edge and cover the workspace margin, which makes the feature a bit less useful.

Dave.