using two monitors with XFce4

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Fri Nov 28 14:53:09 CET 2003

Op Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:02:58 +0100 (CET) schreef Olivier FOURDAN aan Remco
Lubbers <rpl at concepts.nl>, xfce list <xfce at xfce.org>:

>  > Is it possible to use a second monitor with XFce4 _without_ using Xinerama?

>  Yes, xfce is able to manage more than one monitor,
>  but you'll have to tweak the xinitrc script a bit
>  so it starts on both (or more)  screens.

right! Can somebody point me in the right direction here?
I have been snooping around at the Xfree website and googled a lot, but the
only way for me to use the second monitor and XFce4, is starting XFce3 in
screen2, but the screens are not able to cooperate.....

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)

| Linux kernel 2.4.22 | Mandrake 9.1 | XFce 4.0.0 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |