using two monitors with XFce4

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Fri Nov 28 10:09:11 CET 2003

Op Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:48:06 +0100 schreef Nikola Pizurica aan Remco Lubbers
<rpl at concepts.nl>, xfce list <xfce at xfce.org>:

>  > I do not want my desktop to be stretched over the two monitors, I want to use
>  > the second monitor to display things in a lower resolution to be able to "zoom
>  > in".
>
>  I would like similiar thing: to be able to set different resolution for
>  different workspaces, like in BeOS. BeOS has (had) some realy, realy
>  cool features, and that one was great for developing web sites. If I
>  wanted to check out my web page in, for example, 800x600, I've just
>  draged browser to workspace with that resolution. It could be not only
>  different in resolutions, also different backgrounds and colour depths.
>  BeOS had some great desktop concepts, it would be cool to see some of
>  them implemented in linux...IMO...

Well, actually I have the two monitors running different resolutions and
different colordepths are possible as well, although I could not get that done
by using a GUI-setup tool for X, I just editted XF86Config manually....

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)

| Linux kernel 2.4.22 | Mandrake 9.1 | XFce 4.0.0 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |