using two monitors with XFce4

Nikola Pizurica pizurica at neobee.net
Fri Nov 28 09:48:06 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 22:31, Remco Lubbers wrote:

> I do not want my desktop to be stretched over the two monitors, I want to use
> the second monitor to display things in a lower resolution to be able to "zoom
> in".

I would like similiar thing: to be able to set different resolution for
different workspaces, like in BeOS. BeOS has (had) some realy, realy
cool features, and that one was great for developing web sites. If I
wanted to check out my web page in, for example, 800x600, I've just
draged browser to workspace with that resolution. It could be not only
different in resolutions, also different backgrounds and colour depths.
BeOS had some great desktop concepts, it would be cool to see some of
them implemented in linux...IMO...

Nikola