using two monitors with XFce4

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Thu Nov 27 22:32:38 CET 2003

Hi All,

Is it possible to use a second monitor with XFce4 _without_ using Xinerama?

I do not want my desktop to be stretched over the two monitors, I want to use
the second monitor to display things in a lower resolution to be able to "zoom
in".
I can do this with KDE 3.1 (did not do anything special, just setup the
monitors correctly), but with XFce4 my monitor2 turns blue, while 1 displays
XFce as expected. I can move my mouse to the second monitor, where the pointer
becomes an x, so I guess that's plain X...
I can not drag anything there, things just reappear on the other side of
monitor1. DO I have to start 2 XFce-sessions or something?

I use:
Mandrake 9.1
XFree86 4.3.0
Matrox G550 Dual Head AGP
2 17 inch CRT monitors (1600x1200 & 1024x768)
XFce 4.0.0 rpm-installed

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Remco

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)

| Linux kernel 2.4.22 | Mandrake 9.1 | XFce 4.0.0 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |