Configuring and shutdown in XFCE

Tobias Kretschmer tobias.kretschmer at epost.de
Tue Nov 25 16:14:59 CET 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:40:30 +0100
Otto Wyss <otto.wyss at orpatec.ch> wrote:

> I'm using XFCE 3.x from Debian/Sarge and have some questions.
>
> 1. How can I configure the Quit function that it makes a shutdown
> instead of a logoff? I currently use XDM to start X. Is there a
> better alternative without installing Gnome or KDE?

You could run a small script named tkshutdown from the german
Linux-User Magazine (http://www.linux-user.de) together with xdm, it
simply needs to be put in the Xsetup (I think it is, could be
Xsession) script in /etc/X11/xdm. It then gives you two buttons one
for reboot an on efor shutdwon together with the xdm login-screen. I
use and it works without any problems.

Tobias