run Lynx w/o term'l freezes desktop

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 13 15:28:15 CET 2003

ordinarily, i run Lynx from a launcher on the panel via an 'xterm' command.
however, to try an earlier version (Gentoo's 2.8.4 a/a my usual 2.8.5 )
i used the R-click on the desktop & entered 'lynx284' (my name for it),
omitting to tell it to start in a terminal.  the whole desktop froze
& i had to return to the start-up CLI via  Ctl-Alt-Bksp .
i tried both versions of Lynx & there's no difference,
so it seems this is a bug in XFCE (4.0).

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca