Replacing -3.8.18 with -4.0.0: panel crash

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 3 01:37:53 CET 2003

  I upgraded my fiancee's laptop from Slackware-9.0 to Slackware-9.1 today.
As part of the upgrade, xfce went from version 3 to version 4. When I tested
it, xfce would not come up so I scp'd 'startup-notify.tgz' from the
workstation, configured, built and installed it. Xfce is still not coming
up.

  My synapses are not fully functional by this time so I need to ask: what
have I missed here? Is there a step (other than exiting X and trying to
restart it) that I missed?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President