auto desktop switch

nospam4jp at gmx.net nospam4jp at gmx.net
Sat May 24 11:39:23 CEST 2003

Hello again,

you were right!

> On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 22:59, Philip Webb wrote:
>
> > > Setup -> Windows -> Window snapping size: Set it to 5 or less.
> >
> > no, that's something different, ie getting windows to align with edges.
> > what is needed is Setup -> Xfce -> Switch desktop at screen border ,
> > but that has a fixed value of  4  .  why can't we eliminate it?
>
> 	Ok, I see what you mean.  But, believe it or not, the Setup -> Windows
> -> Window snapping size: is actually where the edge resistance is set
> for mousing to virtual desktops.  You can look it up in the
> documentation.

Well, I guess, I was just confused by the naming of the option. Unless I
read the documentation (sorry, I should have done it before I posted), I would
never suspect something labeled "Window snapping size" is responsible for the
auto desktop switch. And so I found myself messing around with the option
called "Switch desktop at screen border" - which seemed to me more plausible.

So, I'm happy now,  but I'd suggest two things:

- find a more descriptive name or give some verbose tooltip
- actually, the auto desktop switch has - from a user point of view -
nothing to do with a snapping size. I think those features should work (and also be
configured) independently.

(Should this already be in a newer version, please tell me)

Thank you a lot and enjoy your weekend,

JP