live cd with xfce4

Collins Richey erichey2 at attbi.com
Sun May 18 21:32:05 CEST 2003

On Sat, 17 May 2003 12:33:00 -0400
Chris Kassopulo <ckasso at sprynet.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Noticed this on freshmeat and thought some might be interested.
>
> Morphix, a live CD distro based on Knoppix which is based on Debian
> replaced icewm with xfce4 in its "light gui".
>
> http://freshmeat.net/redir/morphix/37685/url_homepage/www.morphix.org

FYI, they (Morphix) have gotten too clever by half.  They've taken the
step to load the Nvidia binary module and update libraries on the fly.
On my machine, that results in failure of the X server.  The Nvidia
binaries and AGP don't mix well on a machine with the VIA chipset, but
the standard X nvidia support works just fine.

At least Knoppix will run.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
gentoo stable - ext3