Xfce 3.8.16 and a different window manager

gardnerj at provide.net gardnerj at provide.net
Fri May 2 23:57:33 CEST 2003

On 02 May 2003 14:51:44 -0700
 Jack Coates <jack at monkeynoodle.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 14:44, gardnerj at provide.net wrote:
> > ...>
> >
> > Or as I was going to suggest but was afraid it might be
> the
> > wrong way to go about it. . . He said he's using gdm,
> so
> > write a Session script that starts the other wm and
> then
> > starts the xfce panel. It's worth a try. It's basically
> how
> > I've got Xfce4 running now, just a lot of lines in a
> gdm
> > Session script.
> >
> > Jonathan
> > ___
>
> Hey, how did you compile it? I just downloaded the
> tarball but was
> dismayed to see no top-level autoconf. I've tried for i
> in `find
> /home/jack/src/xfce4/ -type d`; do cd $i && ./configure;
> done which
> shockingly enough didn't work :-)
>
> Must this be done the hard way?

I've been using it for. . . seems like ages now, always the
same compile routine. get my update from cvs and type:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr  (that's just where I like it,
think the default is /usr/local)
make
make install

the ./autogen.sh runs the configure. You do need the all
the ingredients to make a proper Xfce4 setup, but they all
compile the same way for me.

Jonathan