Xfce 3.8.16 and a different window manager

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Fri May 2 23:50:24 CEST 2003

Jack Coates schrieb:
[. . .]

First of all thanks for your answer! . . .

> Man, I must like you.... here I go to the web to find the list archives
> and figure out what your problem is.
>
> Chuck?!! What happened to moongroup.com? Wow.

. . . but I'm afraid not to be familiar enough with
the english language to understand your first
three lines. What do want to tell me? What does
"Chuck" mean? Is there irony?

> Starting xfce from a session manager is the wrong thing to do if you
> don't want to run the XFce desktop; start the other one, then launch any
> XFce components you want.
>
> Okay -- anything you do from an xterm can be run elsewhere too; .xinitrc
> would be a good place, or as a symlink in ~/Desktop/Autostart if your wm
> supports that quasi-standard.
>
> xfbdmgr is designed to work with xfbd as part of the whole desktop;
> whatever wm you're looking at will have its own background manager. Use
> it instead of XFce's.
>
> HTH

Thanks again, yes that helps!

Greetings,

Chris
Christoph Bier, Dipl.Oecotroph., Email: bier at wiz.uni-kassel.de
Universitaet Kassel, FG Oekologische Lebensmittelqualitaet und
Ernaehrungskultur \\ Postfach 12 52 \\ 37202 Witzenhausen
Tel.: +49 (0) 55 42 / 98 -17 21, Fax: -17 13