Xfce 3.8.16 and a different window manager

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Fri May 2 23:34:09 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 13:32, Christoph Bier wrote:
> Jack Coates schrieb:
> [. . .]
> > have you tried just running xfce from a term?
>
> Yes, I did as I wrote in my first message --
> with all the appearing problems.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Chris

Man, I must like you.... here I go to the web to find the list archives
and figure out what your problem is.

Chuck?!! What happened to moongroup.com? Wow.

Starting xfce from a session manager is the wrong thing to do if you
don't want to run the XFce desktop; start the other one, then launch any
XFce components you want.

Okay -- anything you do from an xterm can be run elsewhere too; .xinitrc
would be a good place, or as a symlink in ~/Desktop/Autostart if your wm
supports that quasi-standard.

xfbdmgr is designed to work with xfbd as part of the whole desktop;
whatever wm you're looking at will have its own background manager. Use
it instead of XFce's.

HTH,
--
Jack Coates