Building xfce-3.18.1.src.rpm on RH 9

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu May 1 03:46:36 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 14:09, Chris Fuhrman wrote:

> Has anyone had any success in building xfce-3.18.1 from src.rpm on RH 9?
> The problem I'm having is the following:
>
> [root at icestorm tmp]# rpmbuild -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/xfce.spec
> error: Package already exists: %package debuginfo
>
> I think this has something to do with some kind of magic necessary in the
> spec file but after a couple of hours hacking on it, I'm coming up with
> nothing...

	It might have to do with the new debug package build facility in RH9.
I believe you can turn this off within the config file or by command
line.  I haven't upgraded to 9 quite yet[*] so I don't have the
specifics.  Check the 9 release notes.

Joe

[*] I have a fairly standard upgrade path that I have been using since
RH 2.1; I wait for a month or so, checking the list to make sure that
most of the glitches are ironed out; and also that the first wave of
errata are released.  I have waited up to 6 months to upgrade one time.
I think it was from 5.x to 6.2.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.