Problems compiling and building xfce-3.8.18 on Mandrake 9.1

Spyros Tsiolis spytsi at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 12:54:40 CEST 2003

Hello list,

Here we go again.

I 've just upgraded to Mandrake 9.1. Looks ok. Not very happy with it.
Especially with xfce. I am trying to compile it from a .tar.gz ball and it
comes
up with the following message :

--------
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.6... yes
checking for gtk-config... no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.6... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
configure: error: Cannot find GTK: Is gtk-config in path?
---------

I run Mandrake Package manager and everything gtk related is already
installed.

Here is the output from "rpm -qa | grep gtk" :

----------
[root at demetris xfce-3.8.18]# rpm -qa | grep gtk
libgtkhtml2_0-2.2.0-2mdk
libgtkhtml1.1_3-1.1.8-2mdk
gtkam-0.1.10-2mdk
libgtk+-x11-2.0_0-2.2.1-2mdk
libgtk+2.0_0-2.2.1-2mdk
gtkdialogs-2.0-3mdk
libgtkxmhtml1-1.4.2-3mdk
gtk-engines2-2.2.0-2mdk
nautilus-gtkhtml-0.3.2-5mdk
libgtkmm1.2-1.2.10-1mdk
libexif-gtk4-0.3.3-2mdk
gtkhtml-1.1.8-2mdk
gtk-themes-1.0-9mdk
libgtk+1.2-1.2.10-32mdk
gtk+2.0-2.2.1-2mdk
gtk+mdk-0.1.6-14mdk
gtk-engines-0.12-7mdk
[root at demetris xfce-3.8.18]#

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

s.

-----
"I merely function as a channel that filters music through
the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis