xfce4 - In lieue of a session manager

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sun Jun 29 01:47:04 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 14:54, Collins Richey wrote:
> On 28 Jun 2003 22:02:16 +0200
> Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
>
> > Hey, that tool is amazing :)
> >
> > /me wants the same!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Olivier.

> > > kstart --window xterm --desktop 4 xterm
> > >
> > > (kstart comes with KDE. See kstart --help.)
> > >

> Yeah!  Just throw away the k-crap and qt-crap, and this little puppy
> would be a useful critter!

Seriously, the above command took fifteen seconds of disk churn under
XFce3 :-)

That said, some nice stuff comes with the KDE environment which doesn't
need the whole ball of wax -- artsd for instance is now my default sound
system under XFce as well.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...