Two problems

Pär Ekholm pelle.ekh at koping.net
Fri Jun 27 20:59:00 CEST 2003

fredag 27 juni 2003 19:49 skrev Olivier Fourdan:
> Pär,
>
> First of all, get rid af all versions of libxfcegui4 previously
> installed and reinstall.
>
> rm /usr/lib/libxfcegui4*

Hi again!
But the problem is that prior to the install of the beta1 rpms on my rh9
system i don´t have ANY xfce4-libraries on the system. So that can´t be the
problem. It was so on the beta1-system too (the dying of windows i mean).

> (or /usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4*, depending on where you actually
> installed the libs)
>
> I've done some testing, kinf of heavy brute force testing (you run as
> many apps as possible, killing them after a few seconds) - These kind of
> tests stress the window manager a lot, and usually shows problems fairly
> quickly.
>
> xfwm4 pass them all. This is not the case with plenty of well known
> window managers.
>
> Amazingly, KDE apps died all at once because of DCOpserver dying fairly
> quickly...

Yes it happens often with KDE apps. But in my case also with mozilla.
The list replies about "funky" hardware i must make objections to. My hardware
is a athlon thunderbird 1200 Mhz with a regular harddrive (not raid). Nvidia
TNT2 graphics board. System: Redhat 9, xfree86-4.3.0-2 (RH9), gtk+-1.2.10-25,
gtk2-2.2.1-4 (rpms from the kde-redhat-project). All other rpms are stock
redhat 9 rpms.

> Cheers,
> Olivier.

Regards