Hello and Sound Issue

junk box junkbox at ureach.com
Fri Jun 27 15:59:41 CEST 2003

Hello, everyone. My name is PastorEd, and I'm new to this list.

I'm running Mandrake 9.1, and KDE was just a tad bit slow - so I
installed Xfce4 instead.

MUCH better! :D

However, I've noticed that I don't have any sound for the
environment itself (like Xfce3.8 does on my wife's machine).

I'm GUESSING that it's because I'm running ASLA and she's using
OSS.

How do I enable desktop related sounds in Xfce4?

...and since I have your attention - I'd like to help out with
Xfce4, do my part, so to speak. But I'm not a programmer. I'm
pretty handy with graphics, though. Any suggestions as to how I
could help contribute to development?

GBYLBT, PastorEd