XFce4 under FreeBSD

Marcus von Appen mva at sysfault.org
Thu Jun 19 20:29:55 CEST 2003

Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:17:51 +0200 <<>> "Anders Lind"
<sunshinecoast at swipnet.se> :

> Hello friends,
>
> I have a couple of question that I wish to ask before I even try
> to install XFCE 4 under FreeBSD.
>
> 1. Has anybody installed XFCE 4 (I don't doubt that it is simple)
> under FreeBSD (As it isn't in ports I would have to install all things
> manually, not just XFCE)? Could this person please provide me
> with a step by step instruction set?

Yes, I'm using own CVS builds, refreshing ~ every 2 weeks.
First install dbh from the ports, after that is done, follow the guide
of http://xfce.org/en/documentation.html

> 2. Can XFCE 4 and XFCE 3.8.18 live together on the same computer?

Yes.

> 3. Am I correct in remembering that XFCE 4 depends on GTK 2?

And dbh, yes.

Regards
Marcus

--
If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it.
	-- Arthur Kasspe