xfce4 is using a *lot* of memory

john-thomas richards theolojin at attbi.com
Wed Jun 4 20:45:27 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 06:50:22PM +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Okay fixed in CVS. You must update libxfcegui4.
>
> For the record (and for other devels), the problem was in xfce clock
> that was leaking.
>
> The problem arised when using digital mode because of a pango layout not
> being unrefed. The problem showed when using "display seconds" mode
> because evey second, the memory was leaked.
>
> We were not able to identify the problem until now simply because we are
> probably not using this mode very often.

i am not a developer or a sysadmin; i am simply an end-user of linux for
over six years.  i will not pretend to comprehend how you were able
to *find* the problem this quickly and so accurately.  i do run the
clock in digital mode with the seconds displayed.  i am amazed.  i thank
you.
--
john-thomas
------