Panel and taskbar integration?

Moritz Heiber MisterMoe at hackerboard.de
Wed Jun 4 00:44:01 CEST 2003

> it would be nice to have a full screen width panel with
> integrated taskbar in XFCE4 (like in GNOME, KDE, or other
> desktops).  Is there a way to do this?

I'm sorry to say that, but if you don't like the way XFce4 arranges its
components but want it to act like another desktop environment .. then
why do you use XFce4 at all .. and not some of the environment of the
list you just mentioned above?

No offence .. just a hint .. ;-)

Now .. you might answer: "$ENVIRONMENT is so bloated and eats my
computer's CPU and RAM!!" .. and you are right ..

... but don't you think that it uses it in an appropriate way .. f.e.
by running a "All-in-one-fancy-can-do-as-much-as-possible-panel"?  ;-)

XFce4 is light and fast because of its modular architecture. If you want
to benifit from it's speed and reliability you will have to arrange
yourself with it's concepts as well.

bye,

Moritz