File manager

ml ml at knorke.in-berlin.de
Wed Jun 4 00:25:19 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:30:16PM +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 23:17, ml wrote:
> > problems with SMB (e.g. it asks multiple times for the same
> > login/password and does not show all the things konqueror
> > does).
>
> login/passwd can be set once for allusing the setting manager.

Could you elaborate on this?  Where/how can I set these
things?

> rox-filer is fine but it doesn't do SMB as far as I know...

Just tried it out: The look-and-feel is more my cup of tea
than xffm4, rox is really fast, but it seems not to support
smb.  Are there any plans to make xffm4 a little bit more
convenient for users with e.g. many files?  The problem is
the tree view - an alternative view with multiple columns
would be cool.

Cheers and keep on the good work on XFCE4 - I like it!