New XFce4 Plugins

Dan Karmgard karmgard at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 17 22:33:49 CEST 2003

Greetings All,
	I've been using the beta release of XFce4 for a few weeks now and I
find it quite good. But the panel was missing a bit of functionality
(probably just because it's new). So I've written a couple of plugins
for the panel. The first is a hack of the mail-check plugin which adds
IMAP, sound, and puts mail headers into a tool tip. The second is a
system monitor (essentially an attempt to replicate the GSysInfo applet
from the Gnome 1 panel). It allows you to monitor CPU, memory, network
and battery (ACPI) loads. You may find a screen shot, a brief
description and the source code at
	http://neutron.hep.nd.edu/karmgard/xfce4/
Any feedback is welcome, I hope you find these useful.

--
Dan Karmgard
karmgard at ix.netcom.com