session manager and user environment in XFCE4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Jul 11 23:13:07 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Easy answer.

The gdm script installed by xfce4 launches startxfce4.

startxfce4 either run the sysconfig xinitrc (depends on where you
installed it, I install it in /etc/xfce4/ (same goes for the RPMS I
build) or the xinitrc in $HOME/.xinitrc

So, to add stuff to the startup script, simply copy the one from
/etc/xfce4/xinitrc (adjust the path to your install) to $HOME/.xfce4 and
make it executable.

Then edit $HOME/.xnitrc and add what you want.

There is no need to tweak gdm/kdm files.

Cheers,
Olivier.

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org