A couple of start up questions

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Jul 7 01:53:52 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 15:44, Ian Truelsen wrote:

> 1) for grkellm, I would like it to start up sticky. Is there any way to
> do this, either using the xinitrc file or the desktop/autostart route?

	You can set this in the configuration of gkrellm.

> 2) I want to start xmms on desktop 4. Is there any way to specify this?

	One method that's been used is to use the kstart utility that comes
with kde.  Something like "kstart --desktop 4 xmms" should do it.

> Thanks for any info.
>
> P.S. Can anyone point me to some decent docs for the format of the
> desktop/autostart entries?

	Any program in the directory will be run on startup.  What I did was to
make a shell script with all the things I want started in it.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.