Cant install xffm or xffm-icons

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Sun Jul 6 14:29:04 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 14:06, Dan Gordon wrote:
> Have been playing with XFce4 for a few days now, love it :-)
> But i have tried every thing i can think of and still no go.  I had no
> problems with every other rpm from Todd Slater,s site exept the two
> xffm files.  I have even downloaded the two binaries to see if i could
> install them, no go. On configure i get this error.
>
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for dbh-1.0 >= 1.0... Package dbh-1.0 was not found in the
> pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing
> `dbh-1.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> No package 'dbh-1.0' found
>
> configure: error: Library requirements (dbh-1.0 >= 1.0) not met;
> consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
> libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
>
> Now i looked and the libdbh-1.0.so.1 file is in /usr/local/lib/
> this is the same file the rpm complains about as well.
>
> What should i do from here ?

What about cheating and doing a symlink from the dbh libs in
/usr/local/lib to /usr/lib - then rerun ldconfig and see if you can
configure/make the source after that? (Sometimes it works)

--
Sun Jul  6 16:30:00 EST 2003
 16:30:00 up 33 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.03, 0.11, 0.09

The goys have proven the following theorem...
		-- Physicist John von Neumann, at the start of a classroom
		   lecture.