Xffm

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Jul 2 16:47:39 CEST 2003

El mar, 01-07-2003 a las 19:36, Mark Welker escribió:
> Hi,
>
> xffm is slower on my box than xftree also.
> I still use xftree because I have both xfce3 and, xfce4.
> I prefer xftree over konqueror. It is faster and simple.
> I also like that xftree auto refreshes when you do a download or
> change anything in the directory.
> I tried rox but, still went back to xftree.
> I guess xffm is still beta and, maybe will auto refresh and get faster
> in the future.

You have to turn on the "monitor local files" option to get autorefresh.
If you want new files that are found to be placed on the bottom (like
ms-exploder) you have to set that option in the xfce-mcs-manager,
otherwise they get placed on the top of a folder.

Much of the extra gtk overhead which makes xffm slower than xftree,
actually makes it faster on faster machines (treeviews are represented
by models with additional caches in memory), but on older boxes it
serves the opposite effect. So in the end xffm will get faster.

regards

Edscott