Segmentation fault - need guidance

Enlight enlight at bentonrea.com
Sun Jan 26 21:51:26 CET 2003

Hi all,

I have been running xfce3 for about a year on one of my lighter machines.  It has been great to use.  I recently upgraded linux to Mandrake 9.0 just to get all updated.  I downloaded the latest 3.8.18 and ran ./configure fine.  I have done this before without any problems.

Now when I run make I get an error message on a segmentation fault right toward the end of the make.

I thought this would be painless after I could not get xfce4 going.  (I have no pc files for pkg-config).

Can you make some suggestions on how to report the segmentation fault. I suspect I am having problems with the Mandrake distibution, but other builds work, so I don't know.  I was able to build xfce3 fine on my bigger machine.  The lighter machine is 166 mHz i586 with 64mb.  Bigger machine is 333 mHz i686 with 160mb.  Both are running the Mandrake 9.0 distribution.

I like xfce, lean and to the point.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jerry DeLisle (enlight)