Terminal window again

Brett I. Holcomb brettholcomb at charter.net
Sat Jan 25 23:30:16 CET 2003

I'm still not happy with xterm under xfce.  It just doesn't behave like
kconsole did under KDE did or like a console window but maybe I'm
barking up the wrong tree here.  What I want is something that behaves
like the console window - I can use my home/end keys, when I run an app
it doesn't but funny characters all over the window.  Can I run the
equivalent of the console window under xfce?

By funny characters I mean that if I run some apps I get the square O
characters as the background.  I can still see my menus.

Thanks.

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:51:36 -0500
"Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb at charter.net> wrote:

> I've gotten the background to be what I want and the font size and
> someone here mentioned the ctl-right click to get the menu.  However,
> I still have some problems:
>
> 1.  Home and end keys do not work as they do in a console or kconsole
> - they should take me to the beginning or end of the line.
>
> 2.  When I start an app from xftree by right clicking on a file and
> telling it to open with an app (say vim) in a terminal I get the old
> white background terminal.
>
> Where should I look to fix these.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --