xscreensaver

Heiko Berges hb-mlist+xfce at bsls.de
Sat Jan 18 14:25:37 CET 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 06:53:30PM -0800, Net Llama! wrote:
> [...]

Ack.

> >> And this!  I for one don't care whether the message is from the real Joe
> >> Klemmer or an impostor, but I get to read the gnupg trash on every
> >> posting.
> >
> > 	Man, don't start with me.  You are trying to compare 9 lines to
> > messages with well over 50 lines.  And since most people read email with
> > something other than mailx, the gpg signature is virtually invisible.
>
> virtually invisible?  well, now that you turned it off, sure.

The visibility is not the problem, the transmission of the data is
the problem, since most people outside the USA pay internet access
per volume or per minute.  But if Joe or anybody else thinks he needs
to sign his messages, it's O.K. with me.

Really annoying are postings consisting of one line posted on top of
100 lines of quoted personal sigs, gpg sigs and mailing list sigs,
with broken references and missing attribution line. Especially when
trying to read the archives.

	just my two cents,
	Heiko